In this 30-minute interview, Dr. Rick Sheridan - a longtime university professor and author of the book - Social Media in the Classroom, helps teachers understand why using social media in the classroom is so important, and the effective ways to use it.
- Why is social media use in the classroom so valuable for both teachers and students?
- Ways to promote cultural understanding.
- Developing an online portfolio.
- What can students and teachers do to protect their privacy online?
- Learn about some of Google's many features besides the search engine.
- Getting shy students to participate.
- How to evaluate students on their social media experiences, and much more.
Dr. Rick Sheridan is a professor of Mass Media Communications at Wilberforce University in Ohio. Dr. Sheridan has also taught at California State University - Sacramento and Butte College. He has a master's degree in Media Arts, and has received awards for both his teaching and his web design.
©2014 Dr. Rick Sheridan (P)2014 Dr. Rick Sheridan
Chapter 1Duration: 34min